Is this the Right Course for You?
- The aim of this training course is to provide an understanding of the overall best-practice practical Organisational Design and Structural Analysis techniques that would help an organisation conduct an analytical “right-size and right-shape” project.
- This training course will focus on the key principles of practical organization design and the relationship of Organisational Design with Manpower-Planning and explore some common manpower metrics and analytics.
- The course will also focus on the importance of job grade and organisational level for each position in order to enable gap analysis and span analysis as part of overall structural analysis.
- This course will also provide best practices on Organisational Design for the HR department to make sure you get your HR department right in terms of size, structure, and strategy.
- This training course is NOT a “strategic” course on high-level Organisation Design, but instead this training course is a “pragmatic” course that follows on where strategic design finishes and looks at the more practical structural design issues.
- This training course does NOT cover the typical soft-skills associated with organisational design such as change-management and managerial buy-in, but instead this training course looks at the quantitative analytical skills of OD&SA.
There are no pre-requirements, and this course is suitable for participants who classify themselves at either “elementary” or “intermediate” or “advanced” levels.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for everyone who requires an appreciation or an in-depth knowledge of practical organisation design issues and structural analysis techniques, including all employees in all areas of Human Resources at all levels of VPs/Directors/Managers/Specialists/Analysts/Generalists, and this course is designed for following participants:
- All managers and professionals and specialist who work in any area of HR.
- All specialists in HR who work in Organisation Design and Organisation Effectiveness.
- All specialists in HR who work in Compensation and Rewards and/or Performance Management.
- All HR Business Partners (HRBPs) who get involved in Org-Design and Structural Analysis.
- All managers from any functional area that need to know about Structural Analysis.
Session 1a: Introduction
- What is Organisation Design and What is Structural Analysis?
- What are the latest global trends in Organisational Design and Structural Analysis?
- The traditional OD phases of “Assess, Design, Construct, Implement”.
- The Golden Triangle of Managing Remuneration and Motivating Employees
- The Role of Organisation Design and Impact on Job Evaluation, Grades, and Pay
Session 1b: Understanding Jobs
- The Importance of Understanding Jobs as part of OD&SA.
- What is Job Analysis and why are Job Descriptions important?
- Formats of “Job Description”, “Accountability Statement”, and “Job Profile”
- What are the Critical Sections of Job Descriptions?