Organisations have to learn how to manage its distributed workforce in the new normal. Employees now seek flexibility from their employers the option to work remotely at home or anywhere. This makes it imperative for managers and leaders to gain the capabilities and skills to manage and lead their employees working away from their workplace.
In this workshop, you will learn and acquire practical strategies to create a remote or virtual team culture built on connection, collaboration and communication. You will also gain tools and techniques on how to effectively engage and manage remote teams while still maintaining high team performance, productivity and cohesion.
- How to achieve successful flexible working and work remotely effectively?
- How to communicate and build trust in remote teams?
- How to manage and motivate remote teams?
- How to select the right technology and analytics to manage and measure connection, collaboration, and communication?
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for all people managers and senior leaders who are managing remote or virtual teams of employees working away from their workplace.
To ensure that you gain maximum benefit from this event, a detailed questionnaire will be sent to you to establish exactly what your course needs are. The completed forms will be analysed by the course facilitator. As a result, we ensure the course is delivered at an appropriate level and that relevant issues will be addressed.
Certificate of Attendance
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance bearing the signatures of the Course Organizer and Expert Trainer.
Stephen has more than 25 years of consulting experience in employee engagement, leadership development, talent management and data analytics. He has worked in a wide range of sectors with leading global organisations across Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Previously, Stephen was Senior Solution Strategist of Employee Experience at Qualtrics Asia-Pacific & Japan. Other past roles include Vice-President Solution Design APAC and Managing Director at Korn Ferry Digital Singapore. At Korn Ferry, Stephen led and managed a regional team of 20 consultants and analysts to deliver pay, talent and engagement digital solutions across Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea and Singapore.
Module 1: The World of Remote Working
1.What is remote working?
2.Cause of workplace stress for remote workers?
3.Virtual team building activities.
4.Is remote working for everyone in the new normal?
5.Optimal remote work criteria and role.
6.Remote working policy.
7.Technology for remote working.
8.Future of remote working.
9.Hybrid remote work models
Module 2: SMART Guidance to Remote Working
1. Introducing remote working research.
2. Benefits of remote working.
3. Challenges of remote working.
4. SMART work design model.
5. SMART work design strategies for individuals.
Module 3: Managing Burnout
1. Definition of burnout.
2. Root causes of burnout.
3. How to help employees reduce burnout?
4. Design your employee experience to reduce burnout.
5. An employee listening strategy.
6. Role of manager in employee experience.
7. Challenges of onboarding remote employees.
8. Using people analytics (ONA) to predict burnout.
Module 4: Managing and Motivating Remote Teams
1. Top engagement drivers during global pandemic.
2. Work from home plans.
3. How managers can support remote employees.
4. SMART work design strategies for managers of remote teams.
5. Communication: Coaching questions to ask in your next 1:1 conversation.
Module 5: Building Trust
1. Trust issues.
2. Remote work: five topics to consider.
3. Dimensions of trust: The 3 Cs.
4. The ABCD trust model.
Module 6: Management Styles and Team Climate
1. Situational leadership.
2. The impact of a high-performance team equation.
3. A healthy team climate powers performance.
4. Six dimensions of team climate.
5. Six managerial styles.
6. Long-term styles.
7. Bringing them together.