Establishing and managing a framework for job analysis and understanding all the roles in an organisation and describing those roles through either job profiles or job descriptions is one of the critical cornerstones of any HR department, and it is crucial to design and define the right job roles that support the organisation goals and business objectives. The purpose of Job Analysis is to establish and document what the role of a job is within an organisation, typically through gathering data on that job and then summarising that data in a job description, and Job Analysis is a process to identify and determine in detail the particular job duties
and requirements and the relative importance of these duties for a given job.
You will be provided with the information about the key tools for performing job analysis and developing and writing job descriptions and job profiles. You will have an opportunity to test various ideas and to establish what may work for you. You will be given access to various tools and techniques, as well as information on the latest trends and developments of best-practices. This course will involve working in teams on practical case studies to gain detailed handson experience using the various tools and techniques for job analysis that will be discussed throughout the course.
Course Case Studies
This course will include the following case studies designed around various companies based in Asia.:
- Selecting the most appropriate format for outputs from Job Analysis
- Assisting both Managers and Employees in writing Job Descriptions or Job Profiles
- Using Job Analysis in determining if the organisation structure is optimally designed
- Practical examples on writing key accountability and objective statements
- Samples of different outputs (Job Description, Job Profile, Job Accountability Statement)
Key Benefits of Attending
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for everyone who requires an appreciation or an in-depth knowledge of writing job profiles and job descriptions, including all employees in all areas of Human Resources at all professional levels of VPs/Directors/Managers/ Specialists/ Analysts/Generalists, and this course is designed for the all of the following participants:
- All managers and professionals and specialist who work in any area of HR
- All specialists in HR who work in Performance Management and Performance Appraisals.
- All managers from any functional area that need to know about Job Descriptions.
Session 1: What is Job Analysis?
- The Golden Triangle of Reward Management (Jobs, People and Performance, and Pay Markets)
- Why are Job Analysis and Job Descriptions important?
Understanding the Main Components of Job Analysis
- What is Job Analysis, and the Purpose of Job Analysis and the different Methodologies
- Job Analysis Interview Methods and Interview Outcomes
- What Aspects of a Job are Analysed
- What is a Job Analysis Framework
- Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Job Analysis Framework and Quick Reference Guide
Using Job Analysis to Understand Job Roles and Accountabilities
- Organisation Structures and the Building Blocks of Job Descriptions
- The Main Principles of Job Analysis and the Main Stages of Job Analysis
- How to Analyse the Job Role and Job Accountabilities