A fundamental component of human resources management is clear and effective HR policies and procedures (P&Ps) and detailed terms and conditions of employment (T&Cs) that protect the rights of the employer and are also seen as fair and reasonable by the employee, and these P&Ps and T&Cs are often taken for granted. Rather than make changes, HR generalists and professionals try to fit the ever changing needs of their employees into a structure of policies and procedures that may not have been reviewed for many years. The course will touch on all areas of HR policies and procedures, including employee relations, employment contracts, HR manuals and employee communications.
This live online course will provide you with the information and guidance to help you in developing/refreshing and implementing your human resources policies and procedures in your organisation, and help to ensure that your employment contracts and HR manuals meet your business needs, while allowing the company to attract, retain, engage and motivate employees. In an increasingly competitive employment environment, when you want to attract and retain the best individual employees and high-performers, managing your employee relations and employee communications are increasingly critical tools that form part of your overall HR strategy. Most employers want to ensure that they can “attract, retain, engage and motivate” the best employees and teams, and this two-day course will cover the key areas that must be covered by your overall HR policies and procedures that enable employers to adopt best-practices for managing employee relations and compete more effectively in the war for talent by improving employee engagement whilst developing trust and fairness for both parties in the relationship between employer-employee.
This live online course will provide you with the information you need to make changes to your human resources policies and procedures, and improve your contracts of employment, and to develop and improve your HR manuals. You will have an opportunity to test various ideas and to establish what may work for you. You will be given access to various tools and techniques, as well as information on the latest trends and developments. This focus of this course is upon being a practical, hands-on course to help you develop HR policies and procedures, and you will be provided with best-practice examples of HR policies and procedures, and a detailed soft-copy sample stencil HR manual that you can easily tailor to implement within your own organisation after the two-days of this course.
You will also receive a detailed sample HR Manual that has been developed by Robert Mosley himself over the past two decades, based upon practical trial-and-error and real-life experience, and parts of this sample manual are now used by many companies in both Asia and the Middle East.
- Global Remuneration Expert
- Over 30 years of experience in HR and C&B
- Global Guru #500 List
- Global HR Leadership Award
Review Your Manual with the Course Leader
You are invited to bring your own HR manual or HR handbook for review by the course leader Robert Mosley.
Key Benefits of Attending
Who Should Attend?
This live online course is designed for everyone who requires either a generalist understanding or an in-depth knowledge of working with and managing human resources policies and procedures and terms and conditions of employment, including all professionals who work in HR at all career levels and all specialists who work in the areas of HR Policies and Procedures and Employee Relations and Employee Communications, and Personnel Administration.
Participants are advised to join 15 minutes early to ensure Webex is working, mic works, video, etc. The live online course will commence promptly at 14.00pm each day and conclude at 17.30pm each day. There will be half an hour for a short break at 15.00pm.
- The golden triangle of Human Resources (jobs, people and performance, and pay markets)
- Why are HR policies and procedures and HR manuals important?
- The basic components of a professional and robust set of HR policies
- Role of HR manuals and employment contracts in employee engagement and communications
- How policies and procedures have developed in the Asia and globally
Terms and Conditions of Employment (T&Cs)
- Importance of Terms and Conditions (T&Cs)
- What are the Main Terms and Conditions of Employment (T&Cs)
Human Resources Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
- Importance of Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
- Knowing the key areas which should be covered by HR Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
- Research on Best Practice for Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
- Linking Policies and Procedures (P&Ps) to HR Strategy
- Developing Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
- Assess if Your Current Policies and Procedures are Meeting Your Business Objectives:
- Where Do You Want To Be?
- Where Are You Now
- What Is The Gap and How Will You Fill The Gap?
- Formulating New Policies and Procedures Skills and Style in Writing Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
- Implementing Policies and Procedures
- On-Going Review of Policies and Procedures
Sensitive Critical Policy Areas
- Disciplinary Policy and Procedure
- Grievance Policy and Procedure
- Security and IT Policy for Internet
- Importance of Employment Contracts
- Contracts from the Perspective of the Employee
- Contracts from the Perspective of the Employer
- What Should Contracts Include?
- Why organisations are developing more detailed contracts of employment
- Detailed Sample Employment Contract
Policies and Procedures to Support Wider HR Strategies
- Trainee Development
- Redundancy and Outplacement
Human Resources Manuals
- Types of Manuals Used in Human Resources
- Human Resources Communications and
- Employee Relations
- Communicating all HR Policies and Procedures in your HR
- Manual for Employee Engagement
- Detailed Samples of HR Policies and Procedures
- Confidentiality And Controlling Access
Psychological Contract of Employment
- What is the Psychological Contract?
- Importance of the Psychological Contract
- Clarifying the Psychological Contract
- Managing the balance between employer expectations and fairness for employees
Achieving Work-Life Balance
- What is Work-Life Balance?
- The Importance of Work-Life Balance
- The Benefits of Managing the Work-Life Balance
- The Business Case for Work-Life Balance
- Employment Trends to Improve Work-Life Balance
- What Should Employers Do Next?
- Employee Communications and Engagement
Implementing HR Policies and Procedures
- Role of Management in Implementation
- Role of the HR Generalists and Employee Relations Specialists
- Ensuring Line Managers and Supervisors Understand Their Roles In Operating HR Policy
- Guidance on How to Make Changes to Ensure Successful Implementation
- Communicating the New Policies and Procedures to Employees
- Some of the Challenges of Implementing New Policies and Procedures
Course Summary and Concluding Multiple-Choice Exam
- Summary of Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Optional Multiple-Choice Exam for “Certificate in Human Resources Policies and Procedures”