You’ll work your way through HCI’s Prepare/ Partner/ Perform framework, using your own business challenge.
Are you ready to work as a strategic, high impact partner to your business and help make work better for people? Would you like to move from being reactive to proactive? To increase your credibility through your business and financial acumen? To enhance collaboration with your clients and CoEs? To work as a trusted advisor?
HCI can help. Our course has been designed just for you by experts in HR and learning.
Our proprietary research has determined the strategic mindsets and skillsets necessary for you to advance both your career and your organization. We know the best practices of high-performing HR organizations and we’ve made it easy for you to incorporate them into your work.
During our intensive 3-day certification program, you will be immersed in a highly interactive, hands-on learning experience and equipped with processes and tools necessary to put ideas into action.
Best of all? You’ll be able to work on a real business challenge during class and consult with our expert facilitators and your colleagues.
What You’ll Learn?
You’ll work your way through HCI’s Prepare/Partner/Perform framework using your own business challenge. You will learn how to:
- Approach your work with a strategic mindset that is collaborative, evidence-based, business driven, and adaptable
- Make incremental changes to work more proactively
- Align talent strategy with business strategy and goals
- Speak the language of the business
- Understand the thought processes, goals and strategies used to make business decisions
- Understand what it means to be strategic and how to act strategically
- Increase credibility and influence through value that is added in every interaction
- Understand business and financial terminology and concepts
- Identify and communicate quantifiable benefits of talent initiatives
- Justify talent initiatives by demonstrating benefits and ROI
- Use metrics that align with business objectives, even if data is housed across multiple databases/sources
- Communicate evidence-based insights to gain buy-in and drive change
- Partner with business functions and consult to determine root causes
- Communicate the value of HR/talent initiatives through the lens of the business
- Collaborate with clients and CoEs to create talent management solutions that increase engagement, retention, development, and strategic talent acquisition efforts
- Use project management to collaborate with all stakeholders, enhance buy-in, and implement initiatives effectively
- Understand the different phases of change, common objections to change, and how to lead others through change
- Drive change through people, measuring results, and making it sustainable
- Evaluate talent management outcomes with business metrics
- Scale solutions so that resources are used wisely and impacts are greater
Who Should Attend?
Because strategic HR is not a role but a way to work, this curriculum is suitable for any early- or mid-career professional who wants to increase credibility, influence, and impact. If you’d like to boost your business and financial acumen, analytics capabilities, consulting skills, and solution design and implementation, this course will help you.
If you are a specialist working in a Center of Expertise, the focus on business and financial acumen, as well as collaboration and co-creating solutions, will help you increase your value to clients and partners.
sHRBP is also suitable for teams or functions transforming from tactical functional specialists to strategic, high impact partners. Since the class focuses on solving a real business challenge, participants will leave with an action plan that they can immediately implement.
What to Expect
- Leave every HCI program with a free toolkit, access to additional videos and research, and a set of skills that you can use on the job immediately
- Access log-in information, certification materials (participant guide and toolkit), and the exam in your MyHCI profile
- Chat and interact with your facilitator and peers via WhatsApp available on mobile or desktop after the training course
- Earn your HCI certification by attending all of the sessions, complete all classwork, and pass the multiple-choice exam with a score of 80% or higher
- Renew your HCI certification every three years by obtaining 60 credits
- Attend this training and earn 19.5 HCI, 19.5 HRCI, 19.5 SHRM, and 18 ATD recertification credits
Adopting a strategic mindset
• Understanding the Prepare/Partner/Perform framework
• Adopting a strategic mindset and skillset
• Assessing yourself on the strategic continuum
• Working through a strategic lens
Analyzing business data to create insights and guide decisions
• Understanding the importance of business data to HR
• Asking critical questions
• Identifying internal and external business factors
• Measuring business impact with business metrics
Aligning overall talent strategy to business priorities and objectives
• Understanding HR’s pivotal position
• Aligning talent strategy to business strategy
• Increasing your relevance to business
• Describing multiple types of business strategies
• Varying talent management strategies according to business strategies
• Documenting priorities and measurements
• Communicating with the Talent Management Value Approach
• Aligning HR interventions with talent and business strategies