People Analytics for HR: A New Approach
It’s no secret that people analytics capabilities are becoming more important for HR professionals—82% of HCI survey respondents agree. Yet HR practitioners still struggle with using people and organizational data to make better talent management decisions.
If you want to advance your HR career, you’re going to need to build people analytics skills. In fact, recent research from LinkedIn shows a 61% year-over-year increase in the frequency with which HR Analytics is listed as a skill on professional profiles.
HCI’s People Analytics for HR (PAHR) certification program is designed for HR professionals just like you. We want to help you develop the analytical mindset and skill set necessary to help make talent management decisions that drive business success. Additionally, you’ll be able to increase your influence and impact with stakeholders as you bring more rigor and discipline to your talent recommendations.
You don’t have to be a data analyst or an expert in statistical analysis. But you do need to know how to work with them. If there is one HR credential you can’t afford not to have, it’s People Analytics for HR.
How You'll Learn
- Learn by Doing: You’re invited to bring a real work challenge to class. Practice your skills working through a case study, then apply what you’ve learned to what’s really going on back at the office.
- Connect and Communicate: The PAHR course agenda features plenty of time for hands-on activities, lively discussion with peers and colleagues, and exploration of research and best practices.
- Bring It Home: Not only will you walk away with new ideas for addressing your people analytics challenges, you’ll also get access to tools and templates to support your ongoing efforts back on the job.
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 13.75 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 13.75 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The 13.75 hours completed can be counted toward re-certification for any HCI certification.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- HCI’s People Analytics model
- People analytics as part of being a strategic partner to the business
- HCI’s Human Capital Management cycle
- Linking to organizational outcomes
- Stakeholder questioning strategy
- What is a hypothesis?
- Balancing experience and intuition with an analytical mindset
- Matching metrics to the problem
- Types and sources of data
- Checking data for completeness and errors
- Identifying groups for analysis
- Descriptive data distribution
- Finding meaningful differences between groups
- Examining a variable across groups
- Comparing groups at different points in time
- Identifying factors that contribute to a pattern or outcome
- Correlation and causation
- Regression analysis
- Checking assumptions to ensure that results are not based on chance
- Making sense of your findings
- Developing an evidence-based recommendation
- Telling a story with data
- Visualizing data: Best practices and resources
- Anticipating reactions
- Putting it all together
- When to use ROI
- Calculating ROI
- Action planning and next steps