Learn how to build leadership pipelines and accelerate leadership development
As an HR professional, you know how important effective leadership is for an organization to be successful. To ensure that you have the right leaders in the right places at the right time with the right skill, there needs to be intentional leadership development.
In this course, you will learn how to build a program that creates leaders faster than traditional training and development programs. You’ll come away with specific steps to take and tools to help you implement them.
If your organization does not have a formal leadership development program, you struggle with finding successors to critical roles, or the leadership pipeline is very short, you’ll find practical solutions to those issues and more in this class. Best of all, you’ll be able to accelerate leadership development—and that will be good news for your clients!
This curriculum is for HR professionals who need to develop or modify their existing leadership development programs. If lack of qualified leadership is an issue, this course will help you to address it head-on.
What You’ll Learn
Find out how to go beyond the 9-Box and create a modern, scalable, and repeatable structure for leadership readiness and succession.
Earn Credits Towards Leading Industry Certifications
This certification has been approved for 13 General recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
SHRM has pre-approved this certification for 13 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ Certifications.
The 13 hours completed can be counted toward re-certification for any HCI certification.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit. Human Capital Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠.
- The state of leadership
- Trends in leadership development
- HCI’s Strategic Leadership Readiness Approach
- Aligning business strategies with leadership capability
- Scanning the environment
- Analyzing your business strategy
- Identifying skill, competency, and capability requirements for leaders
- Sample leadership models and frameworks
- Using data to identify critical roles and assess leadership risk
- Identifying and evaluating talent for critical and leadership roles
- Recommending strategies that reduce bias and ensure objective, data-driven talent decisions
- Determining where you can develop talent to build deep leadership pipelines
- Recommending diverse approaches to rapidly grow and develop your talent
- Ensuring that development experiences align with competency models and career pathways
- Equipping managers to support growth, mobility, and development
- Guiding leaders and managers to have more effective feedback and development conversations
- Developing and implementing a communication plan that makes succession activities visible and transparent
- Creating a culture that supports leadership development and succession management
- Using existing systems and data infrastructure to support your program
- Defining success measures and collecting outcome data for leadership readiness activities
- Planning next steps